The IBE’s activities and programs are founded on the following values and principles:
- Partnership with individuals and organizations working to create an equal and just world.
- Enablement of effective action to challenge global inequalities and injustices.
- Ensuring our continuing work is informed by the needs and ideas of the global community.
- Promoting active learning in all our work.
The IBE’s work is guided by the principles of:
- Active Participation
- Human Rights
- Social Justice
IBE 1: to influence and strengthen development education practice
The aims and objectives of the organization were reviewed and agreed as follows:
- Dispel myths about and increase understanding of global issues;
- Strengthen and sustain educational development in the formal and informal sectors;
- Increase capacity for delivery of development education through strengthened relationships with and effective use of practitioners;
- Build the capacity of development education practitioners through training, support, shared learning and best practice;
- Promote and further IBE’s educational development in Vietnam.
IBE 2: to increase and deepen public engagement in educational development
- Develop effective channels of communication to promote and increase awareness of IBE across sectors;
- Strengthen impact through development of strategic working relationships and co-ordinate opportunities for collaborative working;
- Enhance engagement with community and grassroots organizations;
- Develop the public use of IBE’s resource base and facilities as a hub for engagement, debate and activism.
IBE 3: To create positive change for development education at policy level
- Respond to and influence policy for increased acknowledgement and support for educational development;
- Work collaboratively with the appropriate statutory and non-governmental organizations to influence policy and procedures in regard to educational development.
IBE 4: To maintain and develop IBE’s capacity and sustainability
- Build sustainable revenue, including unrestricted funds, from a variety of income streams;
- Monitor and promote the impact of IBE’s work;
- Share and replicate good practice across IBE’s services;
- Ensure delivery of IBE’s services by maintaining, supporting and providing development opportunities for IBE educational staff;
- Ensure sound governance via efficient systems, policies and procedures and an appropriately skilled Board of Directors